Easton-on-the-Hill is located at the north eastern tip of the district of East-Northamptonshire, UK. Sited on the A43, approximately 3.5 miles from Stamford. The village is compact in form, with the older part of the village located north of the High Street. It was recorded in the Domesday Book as “Estone”. The A43 was originally thought to have been a back lane to the High Street, and subsequently became a main turnpike. The oldest building in the village, excluding All Saints Church, is the ‘Priests House’. It was built in the 15th Century, extensively restored in 1867 and it is now owned by the National Trust. All Saints Church dates from the 12th Century and has been enlarged and altered over the centuries, the last major building works taking place in the late 19th century.

FOR VILLAGE EVENTS: CLICK HERE

Please email in any comments, suggestions, questions, pictures,
stories, web site errors, etc.
Thank you.

Welcome to our village

This website and it’s contents ©eastononthehill.com 2008-2017 and no part may be reproduced without permission.

Please contact our Webmaster for further details regarding this site. All photo credits are as indicated. All rights reserved.

               
                                   

Easton on the Hill Facebook page    Easton on the Hill on Twitter